Tired Weary Soul

Tired and Weary Soul

The other night as I sat down in bed after a long exhausting day and I had a this odd feeling I actually felt like my soul was tired, it was weary. It was a strange feeling, different from my typical exhaustion. I thought to myself well it's been a tough, long emotional year. Maybe my soul is just feeling it. I mean we live in a world where I and many of us grow weary of watching the news, hearing all the hate, anger and violence. I grow tired of others' selfishness, and dealing with the negativity of this world. My heart breaks for the brokenness of our world. And this world seeks to wear us down and make us weary. 

The following day after feeling my weary soul I met with three of my closest girlfriends who where all in pain and hurt from something going on in their lives and as I poured my soul and heart into them, I found myself renewed because I was doing something good and right for my friends. I find empowerment in this verse "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in the due season we will reap, if do not give up." Galatians 6:9, and I find that very true the more I pour into my friends, family and clients, the more positive rewards I reap.

How do we Overcome Weariness?

It can be very easy to feel hopeless when we are tired and weary. But we want to feed our weary soul with goodness and beauty. As I draw my strength from the Bible it says focus on whatever is true, honest, pure, lovely and of good report. Whether you are religious or not that is some good advice. When we focus on these positive aspects of our life, it's tough to be sad, angry, and frustrated when our focus is on these areas. And these things are not on the news or Facebook or Instagram but the opposite. Look at what you have and give thanks, name your blessings, and look at the good deeds in your world. All of this builds hope and strength. If you focus on good, seek out the good and shine your light on the good, that tired and weary feeling will go away. 

Another important aspect to help with the feeling of the weary soul is boundaries. We all need boundaries where we can get away take time to pray, mediate and reenergize. I know I have definitely been guilty of not drawing boundaries. I am a problem solver so I want to help all my friends, family and clients solve their issues. 

We all have times of weariness and they can be lonely. I know we can feel spiritually depleted and distant from God, our family and friends. Saying no to things that are wearing us out and causing physical and emotional burnout is essential. If your like me we carry a heavy burden, a lot of responsibility for a lot of people. Many people count on me for so much. And even though I feel that I was created and built to be able to carry this burden I still need times to to refresh and revive myself. 


Live, Love, Laugh, and always be your authentic self!
Your Authentic Friend,
Dr. Julie Ducharme

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Motherhood and being a working mom

A Recovering Perfectionist

Why doesnt equal ever seem to work when sharing family Household duties?