Political Correctness it taking away women's Rights



If I go back to 1991 I was a freshman in high school. When we had PE we were given lockers and had to change into PE clothes, basically in front of each other and then change back once class was done. My first locker room experience was terrifying. I quickly glanced around the room to see all these girls with full womenly bodies and mine was far from it. I would change practically inside my locker so no one would see me. I know every girl goes through this, the insecure moments of our body and sadly we will deal with these moments the rest of our lives.

Now let's think about what is happening today to young women. Boys are suing their way into girls' locker rooms because "they feel like a woman" and that argue they deserve to be in a room. It doesn't make sense. I see schools give individual bathrooms for these "Boys AKA want to be girls" and they still insist on being in the locker room with the girls and not using a single bathroom to change.  Does this seem wrong to anyone else? Why do women have to give up their privacy because a "man" is demanding to be in their private space? Does this seem any different than the horrible things that were forced on women 30-50-100 years ago? Women's rights are being yanked away from them because political correctness is being forced. Courts are deciding women are not that important anymore and the rights of a man wanting to have access to women in the most intimate moments are more important than a women's right to privacy. I mean why in the world are men forcing their ways into our locker rooms, bathrooms and more? Do you ever see women demand to be in a men's locker room or demand to use a men's bathroom? No, and why would we, why would I want to be changing in a room of men or demand to use a men's bathroom? The sheer idea behind this is absurd.

I think now about my self-conscious daughter and how she would be beside herself if there was a boy in the locker room seeing her change or even worse to see a boy changing and see his body parts. Why do women have to give up their privacy, their sports, the homecoming to be politically correct and let a man take what women have worked so hard to get?

Let's use a logical argument here because I am a logical person. If I went into the doctor and told them I believed I was Mother Teresa and I want to change my name and identity to that they would consider me crazy and move me to a home for people that are insane. But if I go into the doctor and say I don't want to be a girl anymore please cut off my breasts, then that's fine? How in the world can that be fine? Why would we not consider someone wanting to cut off a body part insane? So you can see my logic here.

It's a bit ironic, isn't it? A new way to strip women of their rights, men just keep getting more creative by thinking, well, I'll just act like women and beat them in their sports, take their titles, take their bathrooms, and take their dignity while they are at it. Are we really fighting anything different than we have over the last 100 years? It's just a new form of women discrimination. While judges rule in the favor of the boys demanding to be in girls' school locker rooms and schools rule in the favor of these boys because they are afraid to get sued, women's rights are being given up. It appears that no one is thinking twice about how women are losing their rights, losing Title 9 in sports, losing college scholarships because their position to compete was taken by a man dressing as a woman playing their sports.

Am I mad? Yes, I am! And I am disgusted! How long did I work to earn my spot at the table as a woman? How many people told me I wasn't welcome cause this was a man's world, that I wasn't smart enough as a young woman in the industry. I fought hard not just for me but for women following me. And to watch this all unravel, everything we have fought for because some "guy" deserves to take a women's place in a women's sports, a women's bathroom, a women's locker room, a women's homecoming. Because despite having all the man parts and what his DNA reads as a biological male, he wants to to be a woman? Nope, I am sorry! But we as women will not sit back and give up all the things we fought for. We are not giving up our privacy, our sports, or spots in life, our rights for political correctness. It's sad to think that in 2019 I am fighting to have a woman's bathroom to be just for women. So am I being politically correct? NO! But am I being honest about the outrage us women have being stripped of, the basic rights we fought for? YES! It's time to throw political correctness out the door and start considering whose rights are really being taken from them.

Today I have to fight for our young women who will be our future. What rights will they have in 10 years if we keep being politically correct? Right now our future is scary because people are so willing to throw women's rights out the door to be politically correct. I am not sure what future we are leaving for our future women.


Live, Love, Love and always be your authentic self.

Dr. Julie Ducharme
www.drjulieducharme.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why doesnt equal ever seem to work when sharing family Household duties?

Surviving Motherhood and being a working mom