Perfect mom syndrome
Hi all well I have changed the name of my blog because I really feel the title Confessions of a working mom just fits better. Because really my blogs are just confessions of the craziness in my life hoping some of you relate or are going through the same thing. My philosophy is us women need to stick together, share love laugh and encourage each other in the tough times.  

The perfect mom syndrome
                Yes folks there is a nasty bug going around affecting moms out there. It is serious I tell you. If you get this nasty bug you could be stuck cleaning toilets daily. It is called the perfect mom syndrome. I tell ya all I almost got sucked into it as well. I tell ya that perfect mom body and perfect mom house it is really tempting but then reality hit and as I am sitting here writing this my so well dressed kids are not in existence, my son is on maybe day three of just walking around in his underwear cause mom needs to work and I just don’t have the time to fight a battle with clothes and him so as long as the important parts are covered up I am good. My daughter yeah let’s not even get into the outfit she is wearing but she is happy with it so I’ll be happy with it. In my desperate need to work and make deadlines I have given them, wait for it: yes technology to play with, yes Ipads, Nintendo, and movies to keep them entertained. And the clothes I am wearing are sweat-drenched from my house not having air conditioning, I am sure I smell after a day of sweating, my kitchen is dirty, laundry half done and the house well let’s just not go there. As I work right now I feel extremely guilty for ignoring my kids, I feel inadequate as a mother/wife for not having my house clean, laundry is done and everything in Mary Poppins standards ( I could use her purse right about now that thing looks handy).

As I sit here distracted by all of this I paused for a moment to reflect. We have had an amazing summer of swimming, surfing, castle building, floating, summer camps, theme parks, crafts, and so much more with my kids. I spent most nights working till midnight so I could spend most of my days with them. So I think I slept like 4 or 5 hours a night. I took on two puppies because these kids desperately wanted puppies. These kids of mine are getting amazing experiences and are well adjusted as well. This has probably been the most fun summer yet since we moved to the beach. And these kids have had a blast. My kids who will be just fine if they have a technology for a day (surprise moms one day won’t kill them, this comment has been tested and mother approved). And in the midst of me feeling like I am so far from being the perfect mom I ponder what is really the perfect mom? Society sure has a good picture of what they think the perfect mom is, but as I reflect on what my mom did I think I always knew I was loved, I always had a roof over my head, clothes to wear food to eat and that was enough. So my advice embrace just being a mom and all the goods, bads ickyeness and more.  You don’t have cook meals or crafts that look like Martha Stewart. You don’t have to be perfectly dressed, clean house or have the perfect figure because God knows that figure went out the door when those big kids stretched out that once pretty flat stomach of yours. I have to say the mom non perfect moments in life are usually my favorite. Shoot when I see moms with kids losing their you know what in the store. I don’t judge I usually smile and say let me know if you need me to buy you a drink later. Stop being so hard on yourselves ladies cause those imperfections, and imperfect moments are really just you being the best version of you. My motto live, love and laugh! Doctors’ Orders
Dr. Julie Ducharme
PS. My kid wanted to make a giant gummy and this how it turned out giant jello gummy so imperfect but at the same time he told me that is exactly what he wanted. Watch out Martha Steward I might start my own show of imperfect crafts.

                                  My imperfect Gummy Bear making moment with my son priceless!



leadingbymyponytal@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why doesnt equal ever seem to work when sharing family Household duties?

Surviving Motherhood and being a working mom